Thursday, October 9, 2014

Altered Altoid Tin ~ Potion Shop

SONY DSC

I’m so glad I painted all the Altoid tins I had saved in one shot during the Summer.  It made it easy to just grab one this past weekend to craft with.  Since I ordered a few more Halloween related supplies from Alpha Stamps, I decided to do another Halloween tin.

SONY DSC

This time I took one of the tins I spray painted orange.  I took the lid off and, using pliers, just crimped the latch pieces that held the lid on flat.  I added to the inside some left-overs of black and white scrapbook paper that I had.  This was a good project for those little bits that I tend to hold onto.

SONY DSC

I used one of the collage sheets I ordered the first time around and cut it to fit what would be the back part of this tin.  I adhered that (and the scrapbook papers) with craft glue.

SONY DSC

I had some orange trim and decided to put that around the edge of the tin.  I used hot glue for that.  I also used hot glue to add a “shelf” made out of a piece of cardboard to the inside of the tin.

SONY DSC

Meanwhile, while all this glue was drying, I took some little glass vial bottles that I had and added some sticker labels to them. 

SONY DSC

I also took the mini books I ordered and a book cover collage sheet and put two together that worked with the Halloween potion theme.  I used craft glue to adhere the covers to the books and used clothes pins to hold them until the glue dried.

SONY DSC

Once the tin seemed good to go, I used E6000 to glue it to a small wooden craft candlestick that I painted black.  It is stocked with the bottles, books and a couple of tiny pumpkins I recently ordered from Alpha Stamps.  For now I have everything just placed inside and not glued down. 

SONY DSC

I had fun crafting the two altered tins I did for Halloween.  In case you missed the last one, you can see that here.  I’m looking forward to making Winter and Christmas related tins next.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Kathy, you just amaze me with your great ideas! I love the Altoid tins you have recycled! This one is adorable!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so cute! You are so creative, Kathy!

Laura said...

I just love what you did with the tin, Kathy! You've inspired me to paint my and get them decorated. So nice to visit your blog.

Laura from Sunday View

Cynthia said...

How cool and creative are these?? My hands would never to be able to handle those small pieces. Before I was sick yes but now no way. Can't wait to see the Christmas ones!!

Cindy

Laurel Stephens said...

I just love these things! You are so talented!

Okio B Designs said...

I love when you make these. They are so adorable!

Jeanine

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your altered tins. This is just too cute. I love the minis inside. You always create the best designs. Christmas will be amazing.

Have fun!!
Hugs

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

BEYOND ADORABLE! What a GREAT idea, Kathy- well done! So cute! ♥

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So cute! I love this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...