Thursday, March 29, 2012

Enjoying The Weather

This morning I decided to sit outside at our little table to enjoy my morning coffee and some fresh air.  Especially after doing this yesterday.

DSC06564_5649

I got the idea for the basket of pansies from Laura at Décor To Adore.  She did such a great basket and she has hers on a small table like mine, too {although her table set is much prettier!}.  I already had this basket stashed in a closet and just bought the coconut liner and the pansies.  I bought some potting soil the other day when I got my ferns.

DSC06552_5637

DSC06551_5636

I’m dying for some flowers, but with this crazy weather and not knowing will we get frost, will we get a freeze, I’ve been trying to be patient.  Well, yesterday I compromised and got the pansies and another little plant you can’t quite see yet that will trail over the basket and coordinates with the pansies.

DSC06562_5647

I also put my ferns out again.  I bought them this past weekend and brought them in one night when there was a threat of 29 degrees one night.  The rest of the week looks good, so out they went again!

DSC06557_5642

DSC06560_5645

These pictures are from yesterday afternoon when we have shade on this part of the condo, but in the morning it gets full sun and feels wonderful!

DSC06561_5646

I’ve got another hook to the left of the front door, where I plan on adding another hanging basket but with a mix of annuals.  That one will have to wait until May, when all danger of the last frost has passed.  I added this pretty little candle holder that I found at Michael’s in the dollar bins. I think it will be nice to sit outside and have a candle lit in the evenings.

DSC06555_5640

This will have to tide me over for now! 

28 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Well done, Kathy!

What a fresh, springy lovely beautiful garden basket of pansies.

I love how you do so many wonderful creative crafts on a budget, makes it so doable for us all!

I can't wait to have a look-see at the garden stores - such a fun thing to do this time of year.

Unknown said...

It's so tempting to start planting outside! Your solution is a great one. You can just bring it back inside if the weather changes, I always forget though and end up with dead flowers...

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

I love pansies! Where I live (NC), I can plant them in the fall and they will still be reasonably fresh come late spring! I'm always impressed with how they survive even when covered with snow!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello!

Amy

Decor To Adore said...

Your condo is completely adorable Kathy! I love the touch of spring the green ferns brings and that basket...Well that is just the pretty icing on the cake. Well done!

Thank you so much for the kind mention my dear friend.

NanaDiana said...

So pretty, Kathy! I wish I could sit outside with you because it is spitting snow here this morning...ugh- xo Diana

Blondie's Journal said...

I love pansies and they do well in the cool weather. Your basket is darling and looks perfect on your table! The entry way to your condo is so pretty, I have a thing for ferns, too!

XO,
Jane

Melissa Miller said...

Very pretty and ready for spring Kathy. I need to start on my outdoor decorating as well. You've inspired me! :)

Amy Chalmers said...

I'm seeing lots of baskets of flowers~yours is sooo pretty Kathy! I love pansies in spring, they are always the first flowers I buy to plant.

xinex said...

Your pansies are beautiful, Kathy, and so is the fern. So nice to sit outside in this kind of weather....Christine

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I love your pansies in that pretty basket!!!

Dee

Gail said...

How nice it is to be able to drink a morning cup of coffee in such a beautiful surrounding. You have done well my friend. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

My, you have really decked your porch with the beauty of Spring...love your basket of pansies!!

Debbiedoos said...

That does look so cute Kathy! What a sweet spot to sit and sip your morning coffee. I bet it was peaceful.

Gail said...

Hi Kathy, I just gave you a shout-out! Enjoy your weekend, Gail

chateau chic said...

Hi Kathy,
I love pansies. I put some out last week and wish they're last all summer. I like that you can put them out early and the cooler temps don't seem to bother them.
Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Alice

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the pansies in the basket--so cute!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Pretty basket of flowers and I can't wait till I have time to start adding some outside.

Stitchfork said...

So very pretty! We had a hard frost tho the other night and so many of the blossoms are now brown.
xo Cathy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I would love to make a basket of flowers! They are so pretty! Crazy weather, at least you can grab the handle and bring it in!

Carol

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your pansy basket looks wonderful Kathy! You are so lucky because I won't be able to put things outside for another 2 months yet! When I do, I am going to take inspiration from your basket and make one for my little table in the front too, so I can sip tea, read mags and think of my blogging friend for the great idea! Angie xo

Controlling My Chaos said...

Very pretty, Kathy. We don't dare plant in Idaho until Memorial Day. I don't love having such a short growing season.benjoy your flowers.

Kelly said...

I love this time of year to start sprucing up the front porch too. I plan on doing that next week for sure! I love your pansies and fern. Those are some of my favorites to use out front too.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love your pansies! The basket of them is so charming.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Looks so pretty Kathy. Its so easy to get ahead of the season with flowers. We're always eager for spring!

Deserae said...

Love your little spring basket of Pansies on your table :o) I have been resisting buying any flowers yet but I don't know how much longer I can resist! LOL
~Des

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is so pretty, Kathy. isn't it amazing how such a small thing can brighten our mood and then the whole day! (love your new shower curtain, too!)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

So pretty Kathy!

I need to get some ferns for my front porch. It's too hot here for pansies already!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

What a beautiful basket of flowers sitting there! I love your ferns on the porch too, so pretty. Summer can't get here quick enough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...