Friday, July 8, 2011

Updating Frames

I’ve had these pictures for a long time.  I do still like the fruit prints, although I’m not into them at the moment.  I’ll hold onto them though because I’m sure they will come back out at some time.  The frames were gold and really needed to be updated.  {I’m sorry, I forgot to take a picture of them before taking it apart}.

DSC02492_2065

I had purchased these bunny prints {from either art.com or allposters.com} a few months ago and decided to use them to replace the fruit prints in the frames.  Being a bunny nut, I just love them!

DSC02494_2067

I painted the frames in Heirloom White and had to cut the prints down a little bit to fit.  I also had to remove the picture hanger and use it on one of the other sides because the bunny pictures hang horizontally.  TIP:  Use needlenose pliers to hold those little nails that go into the sawtooth picture hangers.

DSC02497_2070

I’ve hung them over the dresser in the foyer and removed my PB keys that were hanging there.  TIP:  This Erase A Hole stuff works great and saves me from having to deal with spackle.  It’s great for filling in holes made from pictures or window treatment hardware.

DSC02498_2071

I wound up using some dark wax on top of the Heirloom White to age it a bit.  I like how the putty color in the prints goes with the putty color of the lamp.

DSC02507_2080

DSC02506_2079

DSC02508_2081

I like the lighter feel of these prints over the keys.  This little chest is coming in handy already.  I started using the baskets and so far I’ve put my cloth napkins in No. 1, my napkin holders in No. 2 and No. 3 is holding my table runners.

DSC02510_2083

DSC02511_2084

DSC02512_2085

The drawer is holding some chargers that I had no room for anywhere else.

DSC02514_2086

Reminder:  The Ramsign Giveaway is still on and ends on Sunday, July 10th! 

Kathy

26 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I just love this litte nook, Kathy!! I did not know about the Erase a Hole!! I am going to go buy some!

I use tweezers to hold tiny nails etc (learned that when I first got into miniatures :) )

xxoo
Marsha

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The painted frames look great there Kathy!

Okio B Designs said...

Erase a hole, eh? That's something I desperately need in our house. Love the bunny prints. So cute!

Jeanine

Blondie's Journal said...

I like the bunny prints and the frames are so pretty! Thanks for the tip on the Erase A Hole, I have never heard of it!

XO,
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your bunny prints are just stunning. I love them. The frames turned out fabulous and they look so pretty above the chest. You are right, the lamp is perfect with the background of the pictures. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Amy Chalmers said...

Those prints are awesome!! Nice job!

fran @ eleven-o-one said...

Those look great over your little chest. Love it.

Unknown said...

Erase a hole! Brilliant!!!

Pamela said...

LOVE these bunny prints Kathy and where you placed them looks wonderful! I am soo wanting to find a table like yours now!:)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

These turned out so cute. It's amazing the difference painting frames can make. Love the whole are there in your entry with the new table and artwork.
Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your new profile picture! Very cute!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Erase a hole?! Cool. Never heard of it, but it looks like spackle in deodorant type container. Great idea.

Love the bunnies. The Heirloom White is one of my old favorite colors, too. The frames look pretty in that color.

Katherines Corner said...

Cute as a bunny! Hugs!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those bunny prints are sooooo cute! Love them in your painted frames and they look great with the cabinet.

Erase a hole!!! Oh my gosh I didn't know about this. I need it!

Robyn Story said...

Kathy.. how do you continue to create all this wonderful things? i would love to have you help me organize my shelves so pretty!

Thanks for putting our button on your page!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Very fun post Kathy. Something so simple as changing out frames but it works so well! I love this little area of your home and seeing how you are organizing. I believe I have the same red toile napkins. ;)
Donna

Controlling My Chaos said...

I've got to get my hands on that Erase A Hole stuff. Brilliant!

Becca Bertotti said...

The "new" frames looks great, Kathy !! Love the Heirloom White ... and, you found a wonderful spot for them. Beautiful vignette, too.

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Your frames turned out great!
Did not know about erase a hole, and may I ask what wax did you use to antique your frames?
I bought Minwax dark wax the other day and it is so clumpy and hard to work with.
I need guidance!!!
:)
xx
Alison

The Tuscan Home said...

The frames and prints are so pretty, Kathy! I love Bunnies! Beautiful display, too!
Happy Sunday! XOXO ~Liz

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

You are one clever chick!
You know I am a bunny girl, too!
They are adorable and in their perfect spot!
I Pinterested the Erase a Hole and filed it under: Home Staging Tool Bag! LOVE it!
How's the new agent guy doin'?
HUGS!
~me

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Very cute little bunnies Kathy! I love your organization with the baskets...something I need to get badly!
I'd never heard of Erase a Hole but that's another thing I could really use! I'll be on the look out for that!

Robyn Story said...

This is my first visit to your blog, love all the pics and tips!! Thanks for posting our Mountain of Giveaway button on your blog!! Luck to all who enter!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I adore bunnies and love your redo on your frames.

Dee

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

You know how much I love those bunny prints!! They look wonderful in the white frames and love them hanging there! Love'em!

Lou Cinda

K&B by the Sea said...

The bunny artwork is so charming :-) And great to see that you're putting the dresser to good use :-)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Kathy..the whole vignette with the new bunny prints is just the cat's meow! I love it...it is so very pretty! It must make you feel so happy when you look at it! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...